Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Re: Xtreme.exe - No Disk

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Long shot:

If you are on a intranet, did you reassign any of the network drives designatoins or, possibly, when logging into that network would there be login scripts being implemented which reassign drive letters?

Also, sometimes when pluging in a digital camera or flash drive, I get drive designation issues when the low-alpha characters are involved.

So lets say while in Xara while using the Fill Gallery you execute a download function while on your intranet, then subsequently when not connected to the net you open Xara. Perhaps Xara is trying to look for files on a drive letter that was accidentally reasssigned.
    Good thoughts, but not applicable to this machine.
    However the problem has sorted itself out after removing the DVD drive from the device manager once again and rebooting (previously when I removed the DVD device I wasn't able to reboot at that time). XP then detected new hardware, installed it and reassigned letter G: once more. Xara has opened since without further issue.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions

Exclamation Re: Xtreme.exe - No Disk

Maybe this has already been answered on a different part of the forum but just incase it has not here goes.
    I got this no disc error also ,
    I checked the disc drive that was named in the error messsage and it was the original drive I installed xara with, my xara cd disc was in there, sooooo nothing was wrong or so it seemed, but, now listen ...... As you have stated, xara has a memory from where it has collected files from and should this change then its going to give problems. What I had done was point to files on my external storage drive from within xara, this alone did not give me the error, when the crap hit the fan was when I removed the external and later plugged it in via another usb. Xara was lost and confused
    Simple fix if xara had said hey guy, you have moved your external storage and I need it back, but nope not that easy. As stated before, the message came across that there was no disc in the original drive I installed xara from.
    shakes my head . I plugged my external back into the original usb connection, started xara and no problems, no errors . Once I was able to enter xara i removed all links/ files to my external drive, closed xara. unplugged my external and restarted xara..no errors at all, and, not looking for the external anymore....so to end this, maybe linking to an external isnt a good idea, should that disc crash and burn then xara isnt going to give you a break due to the fact it has a memory, and will always want to link to those files on start up.
    This was and fixed my problem, check it out if you have the same problems, maybe it will work for you. Regards VikingPete

Default Re: Xtreme.exe - No Disk

For the record:
    Closing any docked gallery windows before exiting Xara also prevents the issue from re occurring. I had the problem pop up again a while back, and I had never accessed external files.

Steve when you get Xtreme to open check your paths for the galleries (fill, clipart), plug-ins, disc fonts, etc. The only time I got the no disc message was when one of those paths was changed by accident. It was looking for those resources on the CD/DVD drive instead of my hard drive.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yeh it was strange, when this cropped up originally for me - no paths had been changed or any files accessed on removable drives or media ever.
    For me, at least, the docked Font gallery was the culprit - closing it on exit cured the problem, until it randomly occured again. Which once again it was because I'd left the font gallery docked. No fonts had been accessed outside of the windows/fonts folder that Xara lists - and all of Xaras fonts are on the HDD also.
    It hasn't happened to me since the 3.2.4 update so I've not bothered to worry too much about it.