Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem setting Page Background from Fill Gallery

In Xtreme Pro 3 2 4 3017, when I click the Background tab (set page background) in the Fill Gallery it does not change the page background; it adds the fill as layer in the “Foreground layers in Untitled 1” section of the Layer Gallery, as if I had clicked the Fill tab (apply as fill). It does not add a page background layer in the “Background layers in Untitled 1” section of the Layer Gallery.
    I have no problem using Xtreme 2.0f, the fill appears as the page background.
    I have searched the old threads to see if this had come up previously, but without any succes, and as this is first time in Xtreme Pro, that I can recollect, I want to use a fill as the page background, I wonder if this is a change in Pro.
    If this is so, how can I get a bitmap fill as the page background?
    Thanks
    Bill

Default Re: Problem setting Page Background from Fill Gallery

Bill, I can't answer the "why doesn't it work" part of your question since I am using 3.0.2.781 and it does work in there. However, why not simply draw a rectangle the size of the background, send to back (or put on a separate layer), and fill appropriately?
    Last edited by -=Drifter=-; 08 January 2008 at 12:50 PM.
    -=Bob=-

Press control as you drag the fill onto the page, and it will fill the background. The page background colour can be set the same way. Admittedly, the background cannot be resized/rescaled, but it will work. If you need it resized use Drifter's method and create a background layer yourself.

Sorry, but it appears to be another case of a gallery not doing what it's supposed to be doing. The help files say "Background - set the selected fill as the page background". But that's not the case it doesn't work like that.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 08 January 2008 at 01:00 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks, that does it.
    The Background tab in the Fill Gallery is now redundant!
    Bill