Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blender Problems - HELP!

Happy New Year One and All!

My blending brush category seems not to be working or set correctly. When I try to blend, even with the basic Grainy Water brush, I get big strokes of blotchy circles instead of a nice soft blend. Resat is always at 0... I also have Fay Sirkus' video that I have been following religiously...Even when I work with any of the blenders, aside from the oily blender, they all seem to line up in an array of blotchy circles when i stroke the brush instead of a smooth blend.

Any suggestions!?

Many thanx in advance!
    IP

Default Re: Blender Problems - HELP!

Hi,

The Grainy Water variant has, by default, Resat set to 0% and Bleed set to 100%. This is what makes it a pure blending variant that doesn't paint color, only moves existing color around.

A few things you can try:

Reset your Brush Tracking using harder than normal pressure so when you paint it will take less pressure to blend (Preferences > Brush Tracking). Still, use a light touch when blending.

On the Property Bar, or in the Brush Controls' General palette, lower Opacity down to 10%.

To prevent the round "blotches", go to the Brush Controls' Spacing palette and adjust the Spacing slider to 1%.

If this works, good. If not, adjust the controls mentioned above just a little to get the results you want.

Try applying those Spacing slider adjustments to other Blenders variants that are presently painting visible round brush dabs.

I find it's always easier to blend if I lower Opacity pretty far down the slider.

Good luck!

Jinny
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP