Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Apple Mac - what's that?

Voters
359. This poll is closed
  • I only use a PC and I'm happy

135 37.60%
  • I only use a PC but wish I could use a Mac as well

38 10.58%
  • I only use a PC but wish I could use a Mac instead

28 7.80%
  • I sometimes use a Mac as well

26 7.24%
  • I often use a Mac as well

132 36.77%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Apple Mac - what's that?

Mike,

Couldn't say I've any inside knowledge but this is an intresting LINK from xara.com.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Looks promising thats for sure.

Cheers

Mike R
    I dont believe everything I think.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

I would love to buy a Mac, but I never will because it doesn't give me the same hardware freedom that a PC offers, regardless that the Mac does offer some hardware freedom, but just not as much as a PC. The other thing that's stopping me is price and that pretty much relates to the hardware freedom, because I can build a PC much cheaper than any Mac that offers the same power.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

I like Macs more than PC, but they are way too expensive (compared to building a PC yourself) and that for me is a no-brainer in my decision as what to buy.
    IP

WEll folks,

just got my hands on an imac g5 with the adobe products loaded on it.

(Keep in mind im a newbie to macs so it'll be some time beofre i come back and let you know what i think)

just an update on an earlier post

All the best.

Robbie
    IP

Robbie.... Mac is not really that difficult to get used to, I think you're really gonna completely love it The most difficult change to get used to is the filing system (much different than MS) but it won't take you long.
    As far as graphics on MAC.... it is what most graphics people prefer for a few very good reasons... notice how much more brilliant all the colors seem on a Mac, the software available (although very expensive) but anyway.... have fun
    BTW, one of the best things you could do, is to try and max your RAM on that G5 I did the same with my G4 a couple years ago and it still runs faster than my newer P4 MS machine Mac is also IMO absolutely "the best" for children.... no matter what they do.... Mac has a far better recovery ability than MS
    Can't wait to see some amazing work produced on the Mac
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

On my home office desk there is a mac and a pc. In the house there are two macs and two pc's. We have always had macs in the house since 1988. (Yikes!). I bought my first pc about 1992.

Today I use a pc 99.99% of the time.

My kids (now 9 & 13) have grown up having access to both platforms and are capable of using either. They typically gravitate to the pc more than 98% of the time. The newest & coolest, and most up-to-date, computer in the house is a new macbook -- the kids only will use it when the two pc's are already in use.

Over the years I've had more problems with mac hardware than pc hardware.

Regards,
    Ross Macintosh (my real name)
    Recovered Mac Addict
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 10 December 2007 at 10:22 AM.
    IP

I got a macbook and in January will be adding an iMac to my home computers. So far my thoughts are OS X is fantastic. The hardware is... well nothing special. The macbook feels cheap and tacky. If the option to run OS X on a native pc build ever came about I would jump at it rather than buy the Apple hardware.

Like everything there are issues and stupidities that should not be there however with the hard drive about 95% full there is no slowdown at all.

My pc on the other hand is perhaps 60% full and regularly slows down while loading apps. (yes its spyware free etc and defragged and all the usual things ) (By the way this pc can run Crysis smoothly so its not a low spec system either. )

Of course I want Xara on my Mac and then I will be totally happy.

Cheers

Mike R
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Sounds like you'v all biten the ad mans apple.
    IP

Nope. I wanted to move to the Mac a while ago but refused to. Now that I have the option of running OS X, Windows and Linux all on the same machine i have a wider outlook than ever before.

Oh and the fact that I have my main hard drive already close to full with zero slowdown at all and each app opening just as fast as they did when the mac was brand new... Well thats just a bonus.

Mike
    IP