Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Shark Mouthed p40

I wish I'd kept my baseball cards and comics from the 50's. I think I could have bought myself a new car with what it's worth now.

Sure thing! When I get something decent up, I'll post it.

I've only recently had some work published. I did it with pencil & initially was told it would be B&W only. So, I duly shaded it & then they told me they'd like colour! So, having sent in shaded B&W, I then removed all the shading so they could get thier printer to colour it. Unfortunately, they coloured the shaded images & not the un-shaded ones. The end result was not what I would have liked but, as I was in no position to colour them quickly, that's what was settled on.

Anyway, that's when I explored the software available & settled on Xara. I'm just coming to grips with it at the moment & its just basic doodles I have so far. I promise I will post one here as I can't believe how supportive you people are!

Anyway, below is the cover of the book I illustrated, note the shading & how the main character somehow lost his eyeballs! (It didn't go out, printed like that, just how it looks on Amazon)

That's great work biggy rat. It's interesting what happens to some work between creation and publishing. At least you caught it. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Xara is an excellent program with good capabilities.

Thank you.

Did you do the BAC Lightning too? (If so, wheer can I see a larger version?)

Yes I did BR. The Lightning is pure vector except for the background skyscape which is raster. You can see a larger version here: http://www3.telus.net/public/tandy539/index.html

Geez, what a link Gray! Those are totally awesome! First thing that caught my eye was the Buccaneer. What a dramatic "pose". (I also liked the Aussie Mosquito!)

In all seriousness, I was quite willing to "rest on my laurels" & just do cartoons with Xara, (and potentially a tablet PC), but I really have been inspired by your work & I'll try for lifelike images too!

Yes excellent work. The buccaneer reference brought a smile to my face. The illustration mentions the 1950s and I remember it being used by us brits in the first Gulf War..

Paul

Thanks for looking BR and Paul.
    BR I think you'll find the Xara a very capable piece of software. I hope you'll post your work as you use it.

PauL, I like the aircraft from the 30's to 50's
    There were some very creative designs. The Buc S1 was one of that breed. Very capable little aircraft.