Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kinda OT-Camtasia & Xara

FYI, the link says camtasia 3 won't work in vista, but I tried it and it does work. You have to set the capture options to capture in AVI mode, not the camtasia native mode. But it seems to work.

An excellent link Fred. I purchased Camtasia 3.0 about 5 years ago. I just looked at the upgrade option and they quoted £147.00.

However after downloading your link to the free 3.1 I can upgrade for £88.00.

Christmas and my Birthday coming up
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As well as Camtasia Studio, Techsmith are offering "Snagit" Free as well:

Go to ftp://ftp.techsmith.com/pub/products...725/SnagIt.exe and download the Snagit executable, and visit http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/ukdn.asp to get the unlock key.

Again this says UK only but they quite happily sent the unlock key to Canada.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

[QUOTE=Doug;232054]I saw this offer on another forum and wrote to Techsmith (Camtasia) to ask if this offer was legit. The original offer was for purchasers of PCPLUS magazine and in the UK only. But they forgot to make that clear and links were posted all over the internet for the download and serial number. A couple of days later they decided tha it was too late and make the most of it. Now the offer is open to anyone. There is also the same offer for their Snagit screen grabber-free.
    [\QUOTE]

Hmm I buy UK magazines and I hate it when the offers are just
    for UK residents and they don`t put THIS on the cover.
    I feel had when that happens, but still, I am happy now.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Just a quick follow-up:

As yet I have no use for a video creation program, but have downloaded it for future use.

The Snag-it however, is really useable especially for people like us who create small screenshots with explanatory notes for posting on forums. What a brilliant program. I never thought I would have a use for a screen grab program when the print screen works so well. I was wrong, don't know how I managed without it!!!!!!!!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.