Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Questions about multiple pages

Hi to everyone. Haven't been on for quite a while, so I hope this finds everyone well.

I'm confused about using multiple pages, so is there anyplace where I can get a good tutorial on how to use them?

For example: I make several pages with objects on them. Then I try to change the plane of the objects on one of the pages, and it changes all of the pages, even though I just have the objects on one page selected. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Questions about multiple pages

Hi, Jeryst, try applying an animation with the cursor off first, so that it applies globally, then try making changes to individually selected objects on different pages.

Mike

I hope I understand your post correctly: As far as I am aware, the x, y, z axis settings are universal, i.e. they apply to all pages and can not be set differently on different pages.

I can understand the benefits of what you may be trying to achieve but I can also foresee how complicated this would be for the programmers. Such a method would be akin to having different animations, rather than one smooth one.

It never even occurred to me that it might be that simple, Anas. I misunderstood the question, if Jeryst is actually talking about the viewpoint being moved, I assumed he was applying an animation, and I was vaguely aware that sometimes selecting an object in one page and applying a variation like Swing angle to it can affect other unselected objects, so I thought that was the problem. I even managed to replicate the problem before I posted.

As ever, two heads are better than one. Sometimes even one head is better than one, if it is a different head!

Mike

Talking Re: Questions about multiple pages

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    As ever, two heads are better than one. Sometimes even one head is better than one, if it is a different head!
    Don't forget Mike, we started off as the alter ego of the same person

Anas