Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 39 ford

Smile 39 ford

Hello all,

I am having a problem. When I export this pic I am lossing some detail and I dont know why. I exported it as a jpeg. I used a bitmap for the seats and the door and you can not see the texture. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this how it is supose to look? Any informaion would be great. Oh and let me know what you think of it. I think its a 39 ford roadster not to sure about the year. Thank you all and have a great day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39 ford.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	306.6 KB 
ID:	42338  
    Last edited by littlenovice33; 15 October 2007 at 01:41 PM.

Default Re: 39 ford

I think it is because when you export it as a .jpg file you lose some of the detail
    as .jpg export default is not 100%, check you options page when you go to export and you will see what I mean. this is to cut down on the ultimate size of the file. Nice job by the way.
    Last edited by parahandy; 15 October 2007 at 05:12 PM.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Cool little roadster! What do you think about adding some darker shading to the paint job in areas that would be getting a little less light?
    Very nice drawing.
    ron

Wonderful work !!!!
    Jpeg is know as a "lossy" compression format.... (simply put means you "may" lose an undetermined amount of detail)
    SVG, is usually a good way to go (and I think PNG) BMP is also a good choice

Of course, I could definitely be wrong (because I'm psycotic) so, best bet is to wait until someone with more knowledge comes along here.... Don't ever take my word for anything

Very nice drawing.

For web display of images you should use jpg, gif, or png. As mentioned by Paul (geminiguy) the jpg format has a lossy compression so some details may be lost. Working with the amount of compression and the width/height you can obtain a reasonable file size and quality image.

The gif format produces cleaner lines around text within an image but only supports 256 colours maximum. This limits the photo realism although use of dithering can create a photographic looking image.

The png format is support slightly differently in the various web browsers and the file sizes can be larger than either jpg or gif.

SVG is not widely support by web browsers and the Adobe plug-in is to be discontinued in January of 2008.

The Windows bitmap (BMP) format has no compression so file sizes can become very large and the format is not supported by web browsers.

If you are interested more in creating images for print there are several other file types that are used. The tiff and png formats are used by some print agencies. Others with more experience producing images for print can provide more details.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

littlenovice,

great drawing ..... watch it the tides coming in.

I used a bitmap for the seats and the door and you can not see the texture.
    Perhaps you could post a xar file of just the door + texture jpg so we've got some idea of the level of detail being lost.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello again

I read the post and made some changes. First I changed the highlights to make it a little bit darker. Second I traced the bitmap and made a couple layers to make the texture for the seat. Its not what I was going for but I think it looks OK. Anyway let me know what you think about it now. Thank you all for you time have a great day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39-ford.png 
Views:	199 
Size:	477.8 KB 
ID:	42385