Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default X3D5 with Vista ?

Hi, I've just received my Xara3D5 cd from Xara, but I didn't know I could not unlock the program on Vista. I read that some unlocking codes has been changed, but I've no account on line has I bough it by phone and web-support has not answered after a week. There is a patch for XP users, I download it but doesn't accept to go in Xara3D files. So.., if you know a trick to make it work on my system, any help will be appreciated. I've already tried to start it with an object on files, but program is well locked ! Thanks

Default Re: X3D5 with Vista ?

Hello Swanpro,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

When installing any program on Vista you should run the installer as Administrator.

Vista does not automatically run programs with administrator rights even if you are logged on with and Administrator account.

Right click the installer's icon and select "Run as Administrator" from the pop-up menu.

I was not aware that Xara was still selling Xara3D5. Xara3D6 has been available for a few years now.

Are you sure you purchased a legal copy of Xara from an authorized source?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you, I just tried and it's not working. Still unlockable. That product was an august 2007 promotion, I walked up a week later and got a direct call with xara to buy online. Hope everything is ok. Will call same number in England next monday if no clue or no answer from Xara support team.

Smile Re: X3D5 with Vista ?

Hi,
    Problem has been solved by contacting Xara directly by phone. Thanks to the nice people I spoke with, that was the only way to explain what the problem was and find a solution to it.
    Solved.

Swanpro,

Just in case some members have the same problem in the future, would you like to share the solution?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host