Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default File fail to open

I have encountered a file failure, (three times recently) while buiding an image. I have never expereinced this problem before in Xara. I used to build images using progressive files, that is build one section, save it to a specific file and then the next section with a new file and so on, so if there was a problem then I just had to go back one file. However, the more confident I have become with Xara the less files. But now I have stumbled. I just can't open the file I get the message 'failed to read file (failed to handle 3002 0).' This has happened on several times dealing with a similar file. Any suggetions?
    Rupert

Default Re: File fail to open

Rupert are you familiar with the ExpandXar.exe utility? You can download it from the XaraXone http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html

It is a command line utility that may be able to recover all or part of your file.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Further to Bills suggestion above, if you still have an earlier versions of Xtreme on your machine try opening in that.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I had already tried opening the file on my laptop with the earlier 3.2 version - same response, failed file.

I have had four files belonging to the same groups of files do this in quick succession which is a worry. This has never happened to me over the past 2 years

The file lost is no real catasprophe because I had little pieces in other files but it is a little disconcerting for me to have this problem at the moment.

I will try the recovery programme as the next option.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rupert

Rupert I was talking more about XaraX1 as an older version. Perhaps you could attach the file your having problems with?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host