Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: What do you use xara for? PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SPLIT

Architecture, Design and Illustrations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraNicolaeTrifu.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	297.8 KB 
ID:	41795  

Looks great to me... Please most more.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Question Re: What do you use xara for? PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SPLIT

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I draw cartoons of the political kind mostly - usually scanning the line-work in, and doing the coloring, lettering and paste-up digitally.

Whereas politics is a very touchy subject on TG, xaraX doesn't mind a bit she's very broadminded
    Handrawn, let me PM ya - I have a Editorial Cartoon (Idea ) that I need Help with (I am NO Artist ) - I have, what I think is 2/3 laid out ; but, the last part needs an Artist ... -You can have Top Billing If you want to Help with...
    Tom - Hwy101

Hi,

I use it mostly for print illustration.
    It is the most rewarding graphic application I have ever worked with!

Regards,

coco

I use it for:

1. Converting my Embroidery designs into patterns

2. Digital Scrapbooking

3. Logo Design

4. Clipart Creation

5. Flyer's

6. Digital Scrapbook image and paper design

7. Creative play

Hmmm. I think that's about it.

Jen

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Thumbs up Re: What do you use xara for? PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SPLIT

Textile printing (silkscreen), the artwork prep for this. Lot's of it too...

I use it for whatever & whenever & as often as I can for just about every job that comes in. I'm spoiled now with Xara & avoid using the other vector apps unless I absolutely have too.

I can use Photoshops seps once the channels are Split, the Tiffs can be inmported to Xara & text or other items added. I'm quite streamlined now & am getting more efficent every day.

Like Risto said, "Xara saves loads of time!"

wALDO
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Talking Re: What do you use xara for? PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SPLIT

99.9% of all graphics work I do.
    From webgraphics to flyers, posters to adds, business cards and stationary to everything else, can't think of any other tool that saves me the time XARA does, and provides the same level of ease of use and flexibility, etc. There are a few things that still do not meet my needs -- xara still does not handle double byte characters and European characters properly, and, for example, some characters do not come out at all... some tricking is needed (copying and pasting between systems, or programs... yet, it still is worth it.)
    I just do not use XARA when a plugin I need refuses to work in Xara. (Yeah, and like Gary, I do not browse the web with it... also do not use it as a DVD or MP3 player...)
    joa1
    Last edited by joa1; 03 October 2007 at 01:32 AM.

Nicolae,
    Brilliant.
    ron