Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using Xara 3D.2 in an editor?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perhaps this is a very odd question, but I wonder if there is a possibilty to make an entire website with Xara's background all over?
    I've just made a - in my opinion - very nice looking heading and I would like to use the same method (an oval with a lot of options chosen with text inside the oval) over all my website. I'll explain a little bit more:
    1) The same background (stone, brownngl.jpg) on the whole website with its subpages just to be consequent.
    2) My golden colored oval with different texts inside - repeated many times - in order to emphasize my text and - hopefully - to draw attention to my site.
    3) Save it all as an "animated GIF and export the whole thing in to a new webpage in Front Page 2000 by clicking "Export Animation".

Back

Default Re: Using Xara 3D.2 in an editor?

I am not sure I understand what you are wanting to achieve.

You can use the same background in a Xara3D image (or animation) as you have for your web site. Apply you background image as a texture for the Xara3D background. See attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	texture.gif 
Views:	172 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	40505  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I am not sure I understand what you are wanting to achieve.

You can use the same background in a Xara3D image (or animation) as you have for your web site. Apply you background image as a texture for the Xara3D background. See attachment.
    Hello Soquili, and thanks for your help. There is a slight misunderstanding. I want to export the background that I have in Xara3 D's Animation GIF in to Front Page 2000 in order to have a consistently background in that entire website including subpages.
    I hope this will explain a little bit better, but beware I'm almost an novice at computing - as you must have noticed.

I do not know if you can use an animated gif as the background for a web page. You can try using one by using Frontpage options for a background image and selecting your animation.

I do not have or use Frontpage so I cannot be more specific.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I do not know if you can use an animated gif as the background for a web page. You can try using one by using Frontpage options for a background image and selecting your animation.

I do not have or use Frontpage so I cannot be more specific.
    You have been very helpful and I thank You.
    Take it for granted that I'll be back-