Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how do i start this?

Can anybody tell me how to make this image 3d. How would i make the 2 outer circles? I already have 1 circle and the text in the middle but i dont know how to get another circle

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7374/400qf3.gif

Thanks
    Last edited by chris8186; 06 August 2007 at 11:09 PM.

Default Re: how do i start this?

1. Create a circle with a 32px border together with a border color you like. Select "no color" for the fill.
    2. Select the circle and choose Menu "Arange" -> "Convert line to shape".
    3. Select the Bevel Tool (CTRL+F3), choose a "Flat" bevel, play with the size of the bevel and the bevel option "Outer Bevel"/"Inner Bevel".
    4. Select the bevelled circle and choose Menu "Edit" -> "Clone objects" (CTRL+K) to create a copy of the first circle.
    5. Choose the Selector Tool (F2), select the option "Lock aspect ratio" if it's not already selected. Type in 75% in the field "Scale width". Now, the second circle is in the middle of the first circle.

Regards,
    Remi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bevel_face.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	40441  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    1. Create a circle with a 32px border together with a border color you like. Select "no color" for the fill.
    2. Select the circle and choose Menu "Arange" -> "Convert line to shape".
    3. Select the Bevel Tool (CTRL+F3), choose a "Flat" bevel, play with the size of the bevel and the bevel option "Outer Bevel"/"Inner Bevel".
    4. Select the bevelled circle and choose Menu "Edit" -> "Clone objects" (CTRL+K) to create a copy of the first circle.
    5. Choose the Selector Tool (F2), select the option "Lock aspect ratio" if it's not already selected. Type in 75% in the field "Scale width". Now, the second circle is in the middle of the first circle.

Regards,
    Remi
    with this design would i be able to have each circle spin independently of each other? i cant seem to make that happen.

Sorry, I didn't recognized, that your question was posted in the Xara 3D forum. My steps are for Xara Xtreme, not Xara 3D. I don't own Xara 3D, therefore I'm not able to help you.

Regards,
    Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Sorry, I didn't recognized, that your question was posted in the Xara 3D forum. My steps are for Xara Xtreme, not Xara 3D. I don't own Xara 3D, therefore I'm not able to help you.

Regards,
    Remi
    no problem. it still does the job. its what i want but i think i have to do it another way 2 get it to spin. thanks tho