Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Of no use whatsoever....

.. but interesting. I recently made a brush for someone asking a question on the forums. I attach it below.

I noticed that when I moved the line of black dots behind the text with peach dots, on my machine it effected the positioning of the texts dots. Can anyone else see this odd effect?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Of no use whatsoever....

Hi,

Sorry,here no go
    even with scale line widths un/checked and snapping objects/grid

Hans

I see what you mean. When you're continuously moving the black line behind the text, the dots on the text somehow get recalculated and re-rendered

I'd expect such behaviour when the length of the lines (of the letters) would change with line-scaling disabled, so it's a bit weird to see it happen here

yep - zoomed to 500% and swished the black line behind the e and b characters and they did indeed appear to 'redraw' themselves - no idea why?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have seen this quite a lot. It has something to do with the accuracy of lines being 'different' at different zoom levels. It happens with plain lines with dash patterns as well--you don't need a custom brush. For instance, move the blue line around in the modified file at a 200% or more zoom, and you will notice the same thing occur with the black line. It is probably being triggered by the way clipping works.

Yeah, sometimes happens with the grid/guidelines too. This would be a good example to show Xara.

Cheers chaps,

Thanks for the feed back. You're correct Dave, it does work with a standard line as well.

Hans, this is what the effect looks like zoomed in, you can see the offset taking place. It might be video card dependent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	336 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	40192  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For an even more weirder effect, move the line in the following. Now the black line doesn't get redrawn, but both circles do.

theres a thing
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

To do with the machine being used, as i can move and scale all files no offset or mishapes nothing wrong files stay ok all the time