Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello, everybody!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    I hope you can help. I've got a few big doubts about opening windows from within Flash.
    I already know how to open them using the GETURL instruction and javascript in the HTML page. That works great, but not for what I'm trying to do.
    My project is an standalone .EXE file, so there is no HTML page to put the javascript in it.

Knowing that, here are my questions:

- How is possible to open a browser window from a Flash file (.EXE), with a specified window size, with no menubar, and such things... and of course, having no HTML (so no javascript interpretation) behind it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

- I've seen somewhere other kind of windows... Those were Flash "objects" that don't need the browser. They can be moved anyway, even outside the main movie, and they are not browser windows (they don't have any title, or menubar or even borders, they are "Flash flying movies"). Does anybody know how to do that?

Thanks to everyone! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

P.S.: At this moment I don't remember any URL of those where I've seen that. In the moment I remember them, I'll post their URLs here.
    IP

Using the ActionScript

fscommand("fullscreen", "true");

will open a standalone Flash Player maximized and with no bar on top. Great for standalone projects!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

Sure! I already use that FSCommand for the fullscreen mode in my standalone project. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

What I'm asking for is a method for opening a browser window (and/or a flash not-browser window) from it, but with no menubar, with an specified size, etc... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Thank you!
    IP

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

Check out JShapor for info on how to make custom projector windows.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Interactive Developer
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Ok, ok...

I think it's a missunderstanding, sorry about my english.
    I only want to open the browser from my project, and with no menubar and no status bar, and so on... but it's gonna be impossible to do it using javascript because it's an standalon .EXE and it's not gonna be seen in a browser, so I ask for another way of doing that.

Don't worry, Klaus... however thanks for your help. We all are here for learning, or not? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hey Deep... That tool is really cool. I'll use it in some other of my projects, be sure. Thanks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

We still have those big doubts... Any other idea?
    Thanks to everyone.
    IP