Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Safari on Windows

A beta (V3) of a version of Safari for Windows is now available.

I hope that it accurately represents what Safari on a Mac shows - if it does, it is a useful testing tool.

My first impression was a bit bad; I have a local home page - a simple table of my most visited links. It can't handle it! But more real sites look ok.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Default Re: Safari on Windows

Just loaded it up, will give it a spin...

Using it now...

The screen seems much brighter!

Can't say as I care for the grey color scheme - another open window tends to get lost when opened on top of it.

But will take a look see!

I tried it on Windows XP SP2 running on a Compaq Evo D310 and the menu text and navigation text did not show.

Installed on an IBM Thinkpad T-40 and it seems to work correctly, at least I can see the menu and navigation text. It appears to have darkened the screen on the Thinkpad, including the desktop and any other open applications.

First time the program was launched it took a significantly longer time to load than IE 7 on the same machine.

Other launches are faster however they are not as fast as IE 7 or Firefox on the Thinkpad. Display of my home page is significantly slower than any other browser I open.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Solved the problem. It seems to be picky about font names - every other browser can cope with "Optimum" in a style; Safari wanted "op______" which is the name in Windows.

In general, bold fonts are bolder than in, for example IE, so it does create a rather solid look.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk