Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newbie Please Help!!

hi i've been trying for about 5 hours to make two image into 3d i've read foums and everything but can't seen to crack it could someone please do them for me if they get time pleeease!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-villa-badge.gif 
Views:	769 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	39036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dtharnesslogo.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	39037  

Default Re: Newbie Please Help!!

Are you using Xtreme or Xara 3D?

Xara XD-5 can make solid objects in 3D.

In Xtreme you can apply a bevel with the Bevel Tool, but the objects have to be vector and not a bitmap.

Does this make sense?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Are you using Xtreme or Xara 3D?

Xara XD-5 can make solid objects in 3D.

Gary
    e.g.

http://www.bamberger.plus.com/licklevil01.jpg

Produced by tracing the image and then dropping it into Xara3D.

An extrude option is something that Corel has that Xara doesn't... but I wouldn't trade in my Xara!

DocBambs.

Question Help with a design

[to the moderator]
    I'm not exactly new to Xara but i've been really busy and i havent been using it much anymore. Anyways, i was asked to do a design, and i really didnt decline. I have to create a flyer, but my problem is that the person was very specific as to what and how they want the design. I'm pretty good with text, what i need is help with a bg...background that looks something like the samples the person sent me. Please, i really need your assistance. Would like a xara file instead of jpeg so if anything i cant edit it...thanks in advance..

you love if u could add me..qwiksand85@hotmail.com
    qwiksand@yahoo.com
    qwiksand aka DeviantMIND
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Help with a design

Quote Originally Posted by qwiksand View Post
    [to the moderator]...thanks in advance...
    You're working for a commercial company. This company needs some new designs. They earn money with the result of this work. They should also pay for design work and not asking for freebies here.

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by villaforever04 View Post
    hi i've been trying for about 5 hours to make two image into 3d i've read foums and everything but can't seen to crack it could someone please do them for me if they get time pleeease!!!
    I did one. And played with it.

You have got the lion now, the rest you should be able to do yourself.

Name:	lion(edited).JPG 
Views:	579 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	39042  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ankhor; 18 June 2007 at 07:23 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Default Commercial Design

no Remi, i'm not working with a commercial company. Just thought that if i needed that kind of assistance here, i would have received it. Guess i was wrong. anyway, i'll try to see if i can do it on my own, might send it to you when i'm done so u can critique it for me.
    Thanks though...

Message to qwiksand aka DeviantMIND

what i need is help with a bg...background that looks something like the samples the person sent me. Please, i really need your assistance. Would like a xara file instead of jpeg so if anything i cant edit it...thanks in advance..
    I understand why REMI gave you the answer he did.
    You may not realize what you were requesting. Whether you realize it or not, you are asking for a professional level vector graphic not just a doodle or assistance with a design. The background you are seeking, based on the two samples you posted, in a vector image, would take quite some time to create and be of financial value for the effort and creativity involved. Usually this forum is to help TWEAK ideas, assist with implementation of tools, etc. Your request is of a different nature and REMI's response was appropriate for the request which appeared to look for pro work without payment.

If, however, you were to draft something and post it in another thread (that you start) we might be able to point you to certain tutorials, or suggest something specific that would help you reach a goal. Different type of request, different type of answer. Besides, posting your own thread/question is better than using someone else's. Keeps responses on track with the original topic.
    Last edited by samrc; 19 June 2007 at 05:44 PM.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default I totally understand

To Samantha...
    I totally understand what you are saying, just thought it was possible..i created something, a few cuts here and there..nothing really pro..tell me what u think and ideas for adding text..its suppose to be a party flyer...make the necessary suggestions. a graphic designer i showed thought it was "intelligent".

Name:	coppershot.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	39119