Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xtreme Pro Niggles

After a few months with it now, I am finding a few niggly little things in PRO that I never noticed in Xtreme. None of them are show-stoppers but they certainly go against the "Pro" name of the application.
    First are the disappearing scroll bars. I haven't used Full-Screen Mode for a couple of months but my scroll bars still come and go, depending on my zoom level. It gets really frustrating sometimes.
    Then there is the overall speed. Moving things around seems a lot slower than it used to be, once you get a few objects and some transparency going. I tried to recreate the appropriate optimisations but as I had to do a clean install to get it running at all, I can't be sure I did it properly. TBH though, it might just be an impression but it is a strong one.
    I also find the docked palettes sometimes get a mind of their own, reorganising themselves. Again, it's not a big deal, and it happened in Xtreme too, but all these things add up to slight disappointment for me. If I didn't have printed manuals and a new box, I would probably feel that I had completely wasted my money on this upgrade.

Default Re: Xtreme Pro Niggles

Haven't noticed any issues with scrollbars, probably because I don't use them. Agree about the palettes, very irritating behaviour.
    I think Pro is actually just a bit faster, but also just an impression.

Pro brought many new features that were very important to me, so I don't feel I wasted money.

TBH, the only new stuff I might use are the improved text features. The problem is that I've spent the last 8 or 9 years living without them and I've developed the habit of doing without so I have to retrain myself.

I always upgrade whether the new features look good or not because Xara has never let me down in the past and I am proud to support them. This is the first time I've had even the slightest doubts so it's a little worrying for me.

I've just thought of a couple more. The first one is a bug in the Duplicate Object behaviour. When you duplicate using CTRL+D, teh selection doesn't immediately shift from the original to the duplicate. i.e. the handles and x,y co-ordinates stay on the original until you go to move it or do soemthign else with it. It's annoying because if you want to type a new position for it into the x.y co-ordinate boxes, it always ends up 10 pixels out [my default duplication distance].
    The other is how long it takes to update the clipboard, etc, etc before Xara closes. It used to take a second or so, now it seems to take up to 10 seconds or longer.