Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up Purchasing Corel Draw in the UK

Hi guys and gals,

I am looking to purchase a copy of CorelDraw GS12 or X3 and was wondering if anyone knew of a place online which is the cheapest.

I have looked online and have found that X3 is cheaper than GS12....can this be right??? I was under the impression that GS12 would come down in price on the arrival of X3. The cheapest I have seen X3 is around £186. Anyone seen it cheaper?

thanks in advance,

Andy
    -----------
    Andy
    IP

Default Re: Purchasing Corel Draw in the UK

I'd check Amazon.com and also Ebay.

If, also you have anyone in your family who qualifies for academic discounts, you can buy it then via one of the academic software stores on the web.

CorelDRAW 12 is a good program with one major drawback, in the you often have to place .pdf's, it reads most .pdfs now as corrupt. X3 doesn't do this.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Great advise Sally , Thanks. I use GC 12 at the moment and you are right, placing some PDF's does show them as currupt.
    I have never bought on ebay and to tell you the truth am a little sceptical about it. Is there any guarantees that the software hasn't already been registered? How do I know if im getting a genuine product?

Thanks again,

Andy
    -----------
    Andy
    IP

The sellers on Ebay have a rating, that do selling often, and the item's write up should tell you if it is registerable, if it comes with a box, etc.

If you buy from Amazon.com, you know it's new and registerable.

As you already own 12, you might as well buy an upgrade, or, I haven't checked the price, but you can also buy from unleash.com, which is the #1 website for all things DRAW on the web. They have a store there and you know from them that the software is legitimate.

It is also a great place for DRAW tutorials and news on updates for DRAW as well.

But, as always, if the price seems to good to be true, let the buyer beware.

If it is something I use all the time, like you, still want to get a good price but I want it to be a legitimate dealer.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP