Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Help please. Make football logo spin

Quote Originally Posted by MK Chris View Post
    Hi there

I am having a bit of trouble getting to grips with this (I'm graphically challenged at the best of times!) and have followed the excellent tutorial on page 1 of this topic, however, when I import the texture it doesn't seem to fit what I have cut out. The images below show what I am trying to do. The first image is with the texture applied, the second two I'm not sure if they help, but it's better to have too much information than not enough! The second image is no texture applied (I must admit I'm quite pleased with my cutting out!) and the third is the source logo that I was cutting round.

When I cut round the logo I get the edges quite well (I think), is there anything anyone can suggest? I've tried reducing the size of the texture, but it still seems disproportionate to the size of the cutout.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris
    That good Chris well done

I use xara3D a lot for making 3D shapes, rarely do I use it for texturing, however giving yours a go I found I had to adjust the size of the texture to get a better fit.
    However if resizing dosn't work too well for you it may be that your trace is not quite accurate, in terms of proportion.
    I 'cheated' I traced with a tracer and not by hand.
    See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logoL.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	38103  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP