Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photoshop & Xara3D6

Here is a little sig banner I made with a little photoshop/xara3d6 combonation

Default Re: Photoshop & Xara3D6

Nice. I like the reflective bit. Mainly how it is only in one part of the image not the whole bottom. Very different and creative.

Exclamation Re: Photoshop & Xara3D6

I would think it might be easier to create the reflection in Xara Xtreme.

Copy your Xara 3D image and Paste it into Xara Xtreme.

Clone the text and flip it vertically and place it under the original text.

Convert the reflected text to bitmap (Create Bitmap Copy). Delete the non-bitmap version.

Apply a vertical Linear, Mix transparency to the bitmap text.

Select the text the the ellipse and Arrange > Apply Clip View.

How did you do this in Photoshop?

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reflections.jpg 
Views:	1778 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	38122  

Default Re: Photoshop & Xara3D6

1. Start with any background and text(in my case I used an xara transparent gif image for text), I opened a new window 800x150 pixels and filled it with a gradient background

2. Once you have your text in the desired position of your project, you must rasterize the text by right clicking on your text layer in the layers box located bottom right and select "rasterize"

This is the layers box... :

3. After you have rasterized your text you will then click on your "elliptical marquee tool"
    Your oval should be at a proper length as to encase your text inside the oval making sure the bottom of your text is just inside the oval (any length is good for this project)

4. Once you have selected the area, you can now right click on the selected area and select "layer via copy"
    then select your "move tool"

You will see a box from where you will drag the top of the box down underneath your text

5. After positioning it to your desired spacing click on "opacity" in your layers box and set it to around 20% or so...

6. Once that is done select the "background" from the layers box and go back to your elliptical marquee tool and repeat the steps 3-5 on your background.

This should be your end result!! ;D