Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PSP Display Issue

Just joined and I'm not sure if this is a problem anyone can help me with, but I figured it was worth a shot.

I had a problem a bit ago with some corrupted fonts on my computer, ultimately causing me to uninstall them all and re-adding fonts from another computer. While this seems to have worked to make every other program display as it should, it's created a display problem in PSP that I just can't seem to make go away...

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions on fixing it?

I've checked every preference menu I could find and can't seem to find where it might be pulling a font from to make that Tools bar display a font that isn't uniform.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	252203276.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	37915  
    IP

Default Re: PSP Display Issue

This is probably a Windows problem. Check all the fonts in the Windows properties (right click on the desktop) appearance advanced menu. I had this problem when I loaded a new font which probably came before Arial in the font list and I installed a new program afterwards. I went in and changed all the fonts to one that I knew would work. I didn’t know which item on the list was causing the problem, so I changed them all to make sure I solved the problem.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

Well, I basically already did that... This is the only problem that still remained.
    IP

You're still missing a font. I had such a stupid problem some time ago as well

You need to make sure that all required Windows fonts are installed. You should also first delete all the fonts in the Windows folder and then place the files you know work in it right after that. I discovered that sometimes just copying over an existing system font file doesn't work. Such an annoying issue...
    IP

Can you try a system restore or will this bring back your corrupt font?
    If you the second PC you copied the fonts from has PSP functioning properly, recopy all the fonts. I wouldn't delete any from the problem PC, just do a copy paste and select yes a hundred + times to confim replacement.
    IP

I basically deleted every single font that was on here - the only font that remained was Tahoma, which couldn't be deleted because it was in use (it's the main font of the visual style I use).

I zipped up all of the fonts on the old computer - 800 of them - and used sendspace.com to transfer for them over.

I've got a program on here called "FontExpert" that's supposed to find problem fonts and none of my remaining fonts appear to be corrupted so I'm guessing you're correct that there's still one missing.

Just wish I knew which one!

Thanks all for your thoughts and advice so far - if anyone should happen to have a thought what font that might be, feel free to suggest it and I'll get my hands on it one way or another.
    IP

Try one of these methods to restore your default fonts:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/03/h...-problems.html
    IP