Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Suggestions and improvements

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    The problem with that is that there isn't really a filter on these requests: users simply submit their request and it gets logged.
    It's not clear to me how that would be any different than the current forum. People can comment or not, as they choose. The only advantage is organizational really. Simply having all features requests one location makes it easier to search and see if something has already been posted or not. Xara staff can still collect the info as before.

Same goes for bug reports. It is convenient to have them (organizationally) in one location. Then the main forum can continue to be used for "how to" kind of threads.

This is common on other software related forums...

Default Re: Suggestions and improvements

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post
    It's not clear to me how that would be any different than the current forum. People can comment or not, as they choose. The only advantage is organizational really. Simply having all features requests one location makes it easier to search and see if something has already been posted or not. Xara staff can still collect the info as before.

Same goes for bug reports. It is convenient to have them (organizationally) in one location. Then the main forum can continue to be used for "how to" kind of threads.

This is common on other software related forums...
    So you want a new board on the forum for Feature requests? Well, that can work. I just hope it will not make the information more fragmentated by having a board for every topic.
    Dunno how it works out. It could work. I know other software forums have this, but I don't know how relevant their requests are compared to this forum/board.
    Sometimes I get the idea that some users want Xtreme to turn into a bread toaster

Default Re: Suggestions and imporvements

Sometimes I get the idea that some users want Xtreme to turn into a bread toaster
    I'd rather have it boil my eggs in the morning

Another suggestion is wrap around objects (that is text).
    IT would be a cool feature.

wrap text around object..align objects on multi pages..more space on multi pages to select objects...tiff import improvement....pdf export to open in corel draw..

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I don't usually participate in wish lists, but could we please, please have a floor shadow that can revolve to the front and sides of objects.

I'll second the floor shadow to the front idea and I'll third (or forth) the text wrap request. I know it can be done 'manually' but when you then change the layout even slightly you have to do it all over again.
    Derek

One improvement that I haven't suggested before:

I would like to see sound added to flash

I wonder if Charles could tell us if an actions/macro recorder (one which can directly access all of Xtremes functions, menu items and options) is anywhere on the list of possible additions and if so how high a priority it is?

For me this would make a massive difference and I'm sure, once added, others will see its value too. Many of the niggly problems I have with Xtreme and 'missing' options I would like, can be addressed with work arounds and if those work arounds can be automated then, life would be much easier.

The ability to save and swap such actions/macros between users would become a huge resource, just as it is with Pshotoshop.

No answer?

Not even a simple no?