Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Will Adobe PNG be supported in the future

Charles.

Thanks for the update on svg/xara

Rightly or wrongly it's an important format for many of us, and I'm very pleased that it's progressing
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

As the starter of this thread I am happy to read the various inputs given.

To not have standard wide supported file formats is a very big problem, and we could only hope that in the future there will be A STANDARD vector format.

But ok I can understand why the closed Fireworks PNG format will not be supported. So I can only hope that they will change this standard format in the future, because it is a real pain that almost all webdesign i come a cross is only editable in Fireworks.

But if I had to choose a feature from fireworks that was to get implemented in xara, I would prefere Fireworks way of working with layers.

I will just hope for a common open standard vector format in the future.

Nice to read all the input though

hgr,

It's interesting to read that Fireworks CS3 can "Save Adobe Fireworks® (PNG) files back into Photoshop (PSD) format." .... which suggests to me that Adobe is endevouring to have Fireworks export to a more industry standard format. ... it doesn't mention if it can export to pdf though, so I suspect it can't.

I've just checked on my version of Fireworks 8 import filters. It offers 15. XXPro offers 55. Which software package would you say is trying to create the best cross platform/program file exchange?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    hgr,

It's interesting to read that Fireworks CS3 can "Save Adobe Fireworks® (PNG) files back into Photoshop (PSD) format." .... which suggests to me that Adobe is endevouring to have Fireworks export to a more industry standard format. ... it doesn't mention if it can export to pdf though, so I suspect it can't.

I've just checked on my version of Fireworks 8 import filters. It offers 15. XXPro offers 55. Which software package would you say is trying to create the best cross platform/program file exchange?
    Well I do not think they will stop using the Fireworks PNG file format, because it still displays as a bitmap by any other program but it keeps its internal layer format ready to be edited in Fireworks. The strenght of it is in web design, because once you have drawn your webdesign, and slized it you do not have to concern about exporting to a different file format, and you can import your webprojects and edit the graphics directly in Fireworks. I wish I could use Extreme to do this instead of having to use Fireworks.

There is no doubt in my mind how powerful Extreme is. I really love Extreme, I find my self using it more and more. Even illustrations that I used to make in other software packages, are now being produced in Extreme.

Just found out that the Pro edition supports the Pantone colours. And I have just been given a task where I have to use specific Pantone colours. So it looks as if I will have to upgrade to PRO anyhow :-)