Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help please. Make football logo spin

Hi

I've been trying to find a spinning Nottingham Forest badge but have had no luck. Is this something you could do for me?

I've been trying to find one for my son with an England flag background with the forest badge spinning on the top of it. Failing that just a spinning badge will be ok.

One of his friends had one but before he could send it to him his friend lolst his phone.

thanks
    IP

Regarding requests please refer to new forum rules:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=25987
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by puddy View Post
    Hi

I've been trying to find a spinning Nottingham Forest badge but have had no luck. Is this something you could do for me?

I've been trying to find one for my son with an England flag background with the forest badge spinning on the top of it. Failing that just a spinning badge will be ok.

One of his friends had one but before he could send it to him his friend lolst his phone.

thanks
    I think the one you were looking for maybe this one:
    http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8...engtreedc4.gif
    It was the first one I made for my phone and very rough around the edges (so to speak), then it was a case of my mates saying bluetooth my that please.

If you stick with this forum and are prepared to listen and use your grey matter with a bit of time, you can really progress:
    I found trial and error the best option for a newbie like me.
    Here's one that I made a while after:
    http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/2...efinredkf1.gif
    I hope I didn't contravene the rules regarding requests, but seeing as these were already done, I didn't think the forum would mind.
    IP

Good comments and even better animated gifs vikes.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Afternoon all - sorry to be a pain again, I am so close to getting these holes cut out, I just need slightly more guidance!

I have managed to cut holes out of the top of the logo and keep the Liver bird in the middle, as shown below in the black silhouette image. I then select all the individual shapes, including the liver bird and the other silhouette that is separate at the top of the logo (I hope I'm making sense). I go Arrange -> Group, then I do select all, so that I select the image underneath and do Arrange -> Combine -> Intersect shapes. Unfortunately it keeps everything but the liver bird and the other shape at the top and I'm having trouble working out why, since they were definitely selected when I performed the group.

Hopefully you can see what I mean with the attached images. Any idea how I keep those shapes?

Many thanks

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outline_trace_with_holes.png 
Views:	529 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	38291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intersected_shape.png 
Views:	524 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	38292  

IP

Hi Chris

Why is there no white behind the black images round the liver bird and the other two details? - I can see right through to the page background.
    Surely the logo behind that you are intersecting should have a complete white background? - are the details missing in the logo? - is so there will be no intersection there.
    Last edited by handrawn; 27 May 2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: wrong name sorry!
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Hmm, I see what you mean. That's what happened when I did my CTRL 2 to subtract the shape around the liver bird. Should I not have done that?
    IP

I would expect that you should have a group of black shapes as on the left placed above a logo as on the right, which should look like the bottom image before intersecting with ctrl3.
    If not something is wrong.

If this is not clear then need to know more details of what steps you actually took.

I would imaging something like: trace round liver and other shape to produce new black shapes- add to black group - intersect new black group and logo with ctrl3.
    I don't think you need to do more intersecting than that?
    Not sure why you would be using ctrl2?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logoA.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	38293  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP