Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My Best Friend

Default My Best Friend

this is my little sweetheart, Mags, or Maggie. She's a six yr. old mini schnauzer, and of course my favorite animal (although she thinks she people) subject, lol!

I did this in Painter using the oily brushes and palette knife.

Thank you for looking,

gloria
    Last edited by flowerfancy58; 26 April 2007 at 02:32 AM. Reason: forgot to add image

Default Re: My Best Friend

And here's the painting, lol!

gloria
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tinkcloseup.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	37473  

Lovely painting Gloria. Maggie is people, she has four legs in place of only having two.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Just gorgeous. I've had 4 mini schnauzers in the past. Wonderful dogs and you captured her so well.

Hi Gloria - I kinda missed this one - normally as I'm not so fond of the subject matter I kind of just step over it. I find that Dogs and Flowers are perhaps the most clicheed things ever painted... yet I admit I go there too at times particularly with flowers (just what is it with them?)

That said - I recognized the app straight away - this is very nicely crafted indeed. Pleasant image. Well done and a nice example of what painter does that other apps find hard to replicate! I just bought Artrage 2.2 for OS X (looks great for $20)

John

Ps Here's something (as yet still unfinished) I did for a challenge back in February. Boris - the Beast of Bratislava It's a Photorealistic painting done in Photoshop on the theme of 'Winter Blues'. I guess the piece was cursed from the start... The beginning of the end for windows, broken tablet etc etc....

http://www.murphswebs.com/boris/boris_small.jpg

I guess now that the challenge has passed and I got a new Tablet (only a Genius cos that's all we got here) and am now lovoing the Mac maybe it's time to take it into Painter!!!
    Last edited by timpan_ali; 28 April 2007 at 07:13 AM.

Smile Re: My Best Friend

Hi John,

Great painting you have there! I almost expect to see a twinkle of Chrismas lights from the town on the other side of the creek.

And the dog...... well what more expressive dog face than a bassett's, lol! Wonderful choice of breed.

Totally well done.

As for flowers, I think they just make people feel good just like pets do. We all need that kind of "pick me up" from time to time.

gloria

Thanks Gloria - you may well be right... Funny I just got done watching a few documentaries with Grace Slick who nowadays is a cause celeb artist - she seems to enjoy painting the likes of Jerry Garcia, White Rabbits and hookah-smoking caterpillars as her feelgood subjects, and why not? Hey If I could be doing that in another 20 years time I''d be happy enough with my lot! LOL

Thanks for the thumbs up on Boris - Happy you like it - I will finish it someday when the mood takes. That alone is about 6 weeks work and all with a mouse...

I am totally happy wih the lighting but I do need to pick up the houses a bit as well as add a bit more volume to the mountains and detail to he river banks

And well; Boris - if ever there was a Bluesy Subject to depict a Bluesy theme! It was either he or a trip down to the blue note to dig up some of the greats for a 'hereafter' jam

Oddly enough Too I discovered today I have more than one or two flower pics in my galleries...