Sorry to go off topic Dal, I'm not trying to hijack your thread, perhaps we should take this discussion to the 'live paint' thread?

Soquili, a floodfill would select and fill the areas within the lines with a single click for each, creating vector shapes automatically. Whereas now we have to retrace the lines, to create the objects/shapes.

Of course there may be a need for some smoothing (removal of unwanted points etc.), but still it would be far simpler than now.

I know there are many who take a 'zen' approach to these things and are not that bothered about speed or even repition, but many freelancers, like me, build their workflow around minimising unneccessary work.

Imagine several comic pages of blackline artwork which need colouring and you can see such a tool would save a huge amount of time.

Even for working on individual illustrations, how much easier would it be to only create a line drawing and then floodfill the spaces? I routinely have to deal with illustrations that have hundreds of such coloured spaces.

I understand that Xtreme is primarily seen as a designers tool and don't in any way want to turn it into 'bloatware' or a clunky 'hybrid' Vector/bitmap program.

You can blame it's wonderful interface and ease of use, attached to the advantages of vector art, for attracting the attention of cartoonists and illustrators used to using bitmap programs.