I cannot code, but I have offered my help for the french translation, and I have also sent back the documents I was officially asked for, to allow the use of any translation I made in any Xara products.

That is to say tat there is not only coding help that might be usefull : I saw the stats on Rosetta, and I am not alone having brought my 'stone' to this project.

I do not regret any help I might have produced, even if Xara makes the Linux version a commercial one, because I deeply believe that Linux -and the Mac- need it.

As a 'thank you' to Xara for deciding to opensource the code, I also bought the Windows version.

Perhaps a 'subscription based' further development would be interesting for both parts, Xara and the community ?
A subscription is started, and when an amount of money is reached, the development start at Xara, the subscribers are allowed to get the development versions before the final release, and they get a boxed version at the end (a simple aknowledgement of their support in the 'about' menu would do it also, for me).
The code of the final version is released (without the 'special' bit of code that makes the competitive advantage for Xara, of course).

What do you think about it ?