Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Tip: Moving/copying objects along the horizontal or vertical

Ah, I understand. I was a little bit confused because of the "with No Blending...???". The result looks not like a blend, because the form doesn't change, but it is a blend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    You would copy the Object, and do a Special Paste, telling How many, at what Intervals to place...
    It depends on the drawing - as always. The Blend Tool is a good solution for things like in the images posted above. If I need equal spacing between different objects, the alignment dialog (CTRL+Shift+L) with the option "Distribute equi-spaced" is my preferred time saver.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 18 March 2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: confused, not irritated

Question Re: Tip: Moving/copying objects along the horizontal or vertical

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Ah, I understand. I was a little bit irritated because of the "with No Blending...???". The result looks not like a blend, because the form doesn't change, but it is a blend.

It depends on the drawing - as always. The Blend Tool is a good solution for things like in the images posted above. If I need equal spacing between different objects, the alignment dialog (CTRL+Shift+L) with the option "Distribute equi-spaced" is my preferred time saver.

Remi
    Remi - Didn't mean to 'irritate' -would never intentionally do here! Just was looking at another Use for the Tool... (is there something like what I described, that I am missing? -sometimes the obvious gets by me <sigh>)
    Tom - Hwy101

Default Re: Tip: Moving/copying objects along the horizontal or vertical

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    Remi - Didn't mean to 'irritate' -would never intentionally do here! Just was looking at another Use for the Tool... (is there something like what I described, that I am missing? -sometimes the obvious gets by me <sigh>)
    Oh, sorry - a great misunderstanding. I used the wrong vocabulary! I meant not annoyed, I meant "confused". I use often the german word "irritiert" (engl. "confused") as a synoym for "verwirrt" (engl. "perplexed"). That's the problem with my bad english. Sorry about the confusion.

Remi

Thumbs up Re: Tip: Moving/copying objects along the horizontal or vertical

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Ah, I understand. I was a little bit irritated because of the "with No Blending...???". The result looks not like a blend, because the form doesn't change, but it is a blend.

Remi
    See (me see light again) after copying/duplcating/cloning... then 'Arrange/Align'... (do'oh) (sometimes it just takes a couple looks) LOL
    (FUNNY - MSG TOO SHORT - HAVE TO MAKE LONGER BY 1) LOL2
    Tom - Hwy101