Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Nested (Grouped) Layers - Feature request

Charles, RedWombat is doing a great job in explaining how frames could handle layer grouping elegantly, but it may still seem like jargon to you.

Try out this feature in Fireworks and you'll notice it is very simple to use and brings a lot of power to the user.
    Complexity? Not to the user but for you maybe as a developer. Visually it would only add one palette to Xara. Clean solution.

Like I said before, this feature could kill the need for 2 workflows in Xara and bring in (sort of) multiple pages at last. With it Xara could even export multiple page PDF's. Who knows??

Those positive scenarios sound to me like worth doing some homework with the rival app. Don't you think?

The single most important upgrade for technical illustrations would be grouped layers. Also select all and deselect all layers.

It would be the one upgrade that wood give me a woody, and at my age that's saying something. I hope this isn't too salty a comment for the forum.
    Tomorrow will be here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim8 View Post
    The single most important upgrade for technical illustrations would be grouped layers. Also select all and deselect all layers.
    Well, yes.

It would be the one upgrade that wood give me a woody, and at my age that's saying something. I hope this isn't too salty a comment for the forum.
    I really hope it's not repeated by you or anyone else. It's unnecessary and out of place here.

I don't think that any serious user would disagree with your request.
    Shoot...even the newbies like myself would love this feature. Have had it for quite some time in PSP and I miss it in XXP. Fingers crossed that it it will appear in next version.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)