Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Texture problems.

I keep having problems when I apply certain textures to animations. The applied texture seems to stretch and shrink. Is anyone aware of what I am doing wrong please.
    I mostly use jpgs as textures and didn't know whether it was a file format problem.
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4438/robinju8.gif
    Hmm that's weird, in Xara the bow in particular the arrow moves however exported,saved and upload to imageshack it doesn't. (do you have a 'scratchead smilie?)
    Last edited by vikes; 10 March 2007 at 01:39 PM.

Default Re: Texture problems.

Not a problem with the texture applied, but a problem with the size of the texture and the size of the frame properties.

You want to be sure that the texture size is not too big or not too small for the frame in which it is to be viewed.

Example: Let's say your photograph is 200X200 pixels, but your frame size is 300X300 pixels.

You don't want to stretch out your jpeg in Xara 3D to meet the size of the frame. What you do is to adjust the size of the resolution size in Xara Xtreme or what ever program you use

or

You adjust the frame size to match that of the jpeg.

If you do this, there will be precision fitting on symmetrical framed objects.

Asymmetrical objects are a different story, but the sizing of the texture is also critical. One can do adjustments in Xara3D, once the texture is imported for the asymmetrical object.

Default Re: Texture problems.

Thanks for the answers and reply James.