Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: How to Bend a Collection of Objects

This is great stuff Gman. I've attached a .pdf of other distortions you and the forum may benefit from.

I found when I made the brush go around the circular path, the nodes didn't quite match up. By breaking the nodes at only this point, I could adjust the path to where the brush matched perfectly.

Great tips.

Good learning experience.

I got this technique in the .pdf and version 11 file in zip attached from a tutorial at unleash.com by Jeff Harrison. You can distort gradients, in the .pdf file, it explains how to do this.

Since the way artistic media tool can be set up, making tire tred could be made in one program as a brush and imported to the next as well. Of course the brush could also be made in Xara. Knowing both, you can choose the technique which works best in a given circumstance.

Use the tools you have to find new techniques. Blends do not work as well in Corel vs. Xara as Xara has a zero step blend meaning you don't wait nine years for it to render like CorelDRAW. But each program has strenghts. Find what is good and use it to your advantage.

You can copy and paste these distortions into Xara as a .cmx file and the color and all comes in and you can then manipulate and distort in Xara as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sallybode; 17 February 2007 at 07:27 PM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP