Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default external bitmaps - help needed

hi there...

I'm really in need of help...

I have to do frequently presentations of my 3d renderings, I layout them in Corel12, export them to pdf for beeing seen by clients.

my problem is: during a project these renders are changed a lot of times.
    so i link my my bitmaps to the .cdr document-
    but its horrible to use!!!!

corel doesn't recognise if a file is overwritten, if I burn everything on a cd, I have to update every single image, I can't tell corel to search in one specific folder

the preview of the linked images is so lowRes that i see only pixels as in big as in old c64 times.

linking by OPI creates huge files, as if corel would store the file within the cdr file.
    and its not updating automatically neither, but preview is perfect..

please show me that I'm doing wrong, and not that i have to use quark for these operations!

r'gards

lukas
    IP

Default Re: external bitmaps - help needed

Linked files are usually only used in print because the correct file downloads at the time of printing. They do not download in the regular manner when you export a .pdf.

However, you could try printing to a .pdf instead. But this requries you have Adobe Acrobat Professional or other .pdf maker which works as a printer to use.

There is a difference. It may not work but it would be worth a try. Are the bitmaps so big you cannot put them in their own individual files and not link them at all? You can export to .pdf also from DRAW and specify what files you want on your various pages. That way you could preserve quality and make your file sizes reasonable.

For what you are doing, you could use Ventura Publishing also. But the above solututions could work.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP