Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Froggy

Default Froggy

Hi everyone,
    I've drawn a simple leaf and frog, nothing to tech, but it looks ok. The frog was drawn from a Word clipart file, the leaf I'd done a while back. The finished image was darkened using the Levels tool.

Stygg2003
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Froggy.PNG 
Views:	229 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	34720  

Default Re: Froggy

Stygg2003,
    I like the subject matter. Reminds me of some of those shots from NGEO. Is the background a very dark green, or are my failing eyes decieving me? Or maybe it's the lighting in my office.
    I don't know if you have the desire or time to devote to it, but what do you think about using this drawing as a step stone to doing a more life-like rendering. Would really be neat to see your progress!
    Thanks for sharing this thought provoking picture.
    Also, the leaf looks really great.
    ron

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    Stygg2003,
    I like the subject matter. Reminds me of some of those shots from NGEO. Is the background a very dark green, or are my failing eyes decieving me? Or maybe it's the lighting in my office.
    I don't know if you have the desire or time to devote to it, but what do you think about using this drawing as a step stone to doing a more life-like rendering. Would really be neat to see your progress!
    Thanks for sharing this thought provoking picture.
    Also, the leaf looks really great.
    ron
    Hi Ron,
    now you mention it, it might be a good idea to try and make a more life-like rendering of the image, but not sure where to start, never tried it before. The background you mentioned is due to altering the levels, it made the green and red kind of luminescent and reflect off the black.

hi stygg
    I like your image, but I'm not familiar with levels tool. can you explain that? thanks
    TB

Quote Originally Posted by TwidderBird View Post
    hi stygg
    I like your image, but I'm not familiar with levels tool. can you explain that? thanks
    TB
    Hi TwidderBird,
    not to put to fine a point on using the Levels tool "I've no idea" Not having read up on using this tool, I just messed about with the pickers and channels, sometimes this method is the best way to learn. I've uploaded the same drawing and fiddled with the Level tool again and you can see you get some really nice effects. Sorry I've not been much help.

Stygg2003
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Froggy(edited).JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	34755