As the one who's coming from Windows/CorelDRAW world and who's using Mac now, I can say that Illustrator is s***t comparing to CorelDRAW in terms of UI and easy of use. So many features have no GUI, only keyboard interface (i.e., for object "move" I have to hit Enter button, to change polygon edges I have to use arrow-keys, etc., and there's no GUI for these commands), selecting 5 nodes for 1 object which is on top of 15 other objects is nothing short of frustration - I have to move all objects beneath it to another layer, lock it and only then I can select those nodes.

Yes, Illustrator output may be better than CoreDRAW's, but every time I have to open Illustrator I remember how easy it was to edit object shapes in CorelDRAW... In CorelDRAW there was only 1 tool for that, in Illustrator - 4, and I have to change them constantly. When I have to merge 2 objects - in CorelDRAW I hit "merge" button and it's done, but in Illustrator I can never know will they be merged or something else will be done with the selected objects. Then goes hunting for the correct merge button. Drop shadow is in several places, and which one should I use? Illustrator's GUI is as bad as one can make... No multi-page documents. Which century they at Adobe live in? If someone can get past this misery, then probably Illustrator is powerful tool, but I'm stuck with UI problems.
So I hope Adobe will seriously change Illustrator's UI.
Here are my complaints about Illustrator: http://www.adventisti.lv/blog/?page_id=19