Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Microsoft Expression Web Designer

Is Webstyle 4 going to be updated to work with Microsoft Expression Web Designer?

Frank <><
    AmiGraphics

Default Re: Microsoft Expression Web Designer

Frank -

Assuming that you use Frontpage and Webstyle works - My assumption is that Webstyle will work with Expression. When Expression is avail I would think many will do a trial run.

Also - I'm hoping that Expression (playing with the big boys) will (must) clean up their code. There will be much written about Expression in the future - patience.

Bill w

I have been using the Expressions Web beta for a while. I tried to use Webstyles, but it did not seem to connect, maybe I was not going about it the right way.
    And Amazon has Expressions web for sale now.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Frank,

I am in the same boat as you are. I have opened a ticket with Xara and will pass on what I receive from them.

Have you tried to re-install the plug and see if it is picked up by Expression?

I was thinking of trying that, but thought I would ask first..

Thanks,

Royal

Quote Originally Posted by AmiGraphics View Post
    Is Webstyle 4 going to be updated to work with Microsoft Expression Web Designer?

Frank <><
    AmiGraphics

This is what I just received from support:

"The current Xara add-ins are not compatible with MS Expression, however we are planning to update them as soon as possible so that they are."

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalT3 View Post
    This is what I just received from support:

"The current Xara add-ins are not compatible with MS Expression, however we are planning to update them as soon as possible so that they are."
    so this doesnt mean webstyle will not work with Expression. it means that the Xara add-in will not work with Expression. Theres nothing preventing you from inserting webstyle graphics directly into Expression as opposed to using the add-in

Since you can install EW alongside FP using the EW "upgrade" package, AND you can use both FP and EW (simultaneously), my short term solution is to open the site in FP and add my webstyle elements on my pages in FP (and then close the site in FP). Then I simply open the pages in EW for any additional editing, etc.

I have lived dangerously one time and opened pages from the same site in both FP and EW at the same time. I was shocked I didn't totally mess up the site. I would not recommend this procedure and I doubt I will repeat it!

I am looking forward to an update to WS that will work in EW and create "clean" code if possible.

Dana

I am also waiting for an update that will work with EW. I now go back and forth between the two.

Two tutorials on getting xara webstyle or menumaker code to validate

http://www.genealogy-web-creations.c...-frontpage.htm

http://www.genealogy-web-creations.c...-frontpage.htm

Pat