Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi All,
    I all. I have reviewed all back posts with regards to Xara Webstyle Navbars and why they do not show up when used in templates. I use Dreamweaver and my website (not uploaded yet) looks wonderful using webstyle except for one thing. I cannot use the template feature as the navbars no matter what I have done, appear in the template but not when I use the template to create a new page.
    I got quite confused when revisiting past posts on this issue and prior to contacting 'cs' thought I would give one last try on this forum. Could someone please provide easy to understand instructions (Xara Webstyle 4 for Dummies) on how to ensure that my horizontal and vertical navbars in my templates, and any changes thereafter, are transferred successfully to any webpages utilizing these templates.
    If someone could provide this, I would sincerely appreciate it as I have been working through this issue for approximately four weeks. Everything has worked well so far except this issue.
    Thanks,

Pat

when you have Dreamweaver open and showing the page you made from the template...press "F12" and this will open the page in browser, showing you that the nav bars are still there.

Otherwise, don't use the template feature...when you create the design from webstyle and bring it into Dreamweaver, save a copy as "template.htm" and then open it to create your new pages. With each page you create from "template.htm", make sure to "save as...(new page name)", which will keep "template.htm" blank for continued use.

This should work for you...if you have any other questions, email me: cogdilldesign@yahoo.com (I check it more often)

Thanks Todd for your response. I actually did try the F12 to view it in the browser and the navbars still don't show up. I did figure it out finally. I just needed to copy the .js file from the template folder to the folder that I have placed my webpage in that uses that template. That seems to work so far. Again thanks for responding.

Pat