Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This animation is puzzling me

I'm planning to actually make an animation of a road which is going back. I mean the look of someone actually driving on a road. And, while the road is coming... a sign board with something written on it should come... and pause for a moment and then should go go away and then a new one should come from a distance. Any suggestions on how this could be achieved please?
    IP

Default Re: This animation is puzzling me

i had a small animation like that somewhere, i've done a quick look and can only find these two but they are from the side, i'll have a better look later and see if i can find it
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    IP

Thank you so much but I was talking about an animation where we are driving towards an endless road and things keep appearing. I mean we cannot see ourselves(driver)...its like going into the road...
    IP

like this one but bigger?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cars__3D_night_crash_prv.gif 
Views:	425 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	34211  
    IP

How about this.

There's several things wrong.

Firstly the sign get's slower as it approaches, which is totally ass about tit, but you wanted to read the sign.

Secondly to have this viewing angle your in great danger of having your head cut off ~ but I created it sitting on the roof of a double-decker bus traveling around the M25!

To create this in XXPro I needed to use the _levels feature. It's actually 2 swf's.

The first one is loaded into _level 0. This contains the bitmap background + the road vector and the centre line animation moving towards you.

When you click on the "roadsign" button this loads;

The second swf into _level2 (so you now have 2 swf's playing in the same movie). This contains the overhead gantry sign.

To create this as a single swf in XXPro would be extremely difficult I believe.

Again it would be great if loading an additional swf into another _level could be achieved in the Frame gallery rather than requiring a button.

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 17 January 2007 at 03:29 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thank you suunto... That was much like it but a little violent

ANd Egg Sir, I hope I won't be killed if I ask you for a small example xar file because I really didn't understand that levels concept even in your previous post
    IP

Okay Purifier let me try to explain. I attach below the swf file that is in _level 0 but it doesn't have the button, so it just plays along it's own timeline looping endlessly. This animation has a background frame + 3 other frames to create the centre line moving towards you.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Now I've attached the second swf that holds the roadsigns. There is no background in this swf and it contains 8 frames that create the 2 road-signs in turn moving towards you. This is also just playing on it's own now.

Egg

IP

So there you have the two elements (2 seperate swfs with there own independent time lines) that make up the first animation I posted.

NOTE that the second standalone swf, the road-sign one, has a white background above. However it actually has no background in the xar file and when used in a '_level' is transparent.

So how do we get the 2 swfs to play one on top of the other? In XXPro there is only one option and that is to use a button. So in the road only xar file I created a "button" (It's just a graphic really) selected it and Utilities / Web Address entered the following information. [See Screen Grab].

The Parent (first swf loaded into _level0 [Thats Level 0]). If you want a second swf (Child swf) to overwrite it then use the WebAddress _level0 [That's Level 0].

If you want to retain the first swf but load a second swf on top of the first so BOTH are visible then use the WebAddress _level1 [That's Level 1].

You can go on adding swf ontop of swf almost ad infinitum this way.

And here are the xar files I used to create the animations. You'll need to pull them apart yourself to try to follow them. RoadYoHell.xar is my overall construction file. RoadYoHell_1.xar is used to create the swf that lays in _level0 (zero). RoadYoHell_2.xar [Uses a lot of ClipView] is used to create the road-sign swf file that, in this case, is loaded into _level2 (Two). It could be any _level number, provided it wasnt zero.

There are some viewing issues that need further explanation but it's 5.30 in the morning so I'll continue tomorrow.

(Of course these files were supposed to be called RoadToHell! I'm a great Chris Rea fan.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	34219  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 17 January 2007 at 05:05 AM.
    Egg

IP

Oh thank you Sir... :worship: I'll now lay my hands on it... I'll be waiting for those viewing issue tomorrow... Thank you once again...
    Last edited by purifier; 17 January 2007 at 04:55 AM.
    IP