Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Waiting at the park

Not much of an evolution from my previous post. I kept the resolution down to decrease the file size. Admittedly, I don't know very much about files and what type of file to save things in. I tried various things for the background to include a whole landscape but with each venture I found that it detracted from what I considered the focal point (the man). As always, I encourage everyone to submit suggestions and recommendations. Believe me, I grow with each one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waiting on a park bench.png 
Views:	304 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	34140  

Default Re: Waiting at the park

Is gude

The straight edge where the water ends (starts?) I'd not have such a sharp cut-off, having a curved line and perhaps having the two overlapping and then fading with a transparency.

But as you say, the man is the focal point and that is what matters and thte man is drawn very well.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

all of it is nicely done. love the tree... maybe feather the edges a lil to they are not so sharp. i find it helpful to place very faint 'glow' shadow, to objects like this in addition to the feather to help integrate it into the BG.

very nice work. Is it from a photo? love the watch.

geo.
    “Beauty consists in a certain luster and proportion” - Aquinas

Another triumph for an Xara user. Very good BNorton.

.......Norman

Thanks for the input all.

1. I'll give feathering or glow shadow a go and see how it turns out.
    2. I used one picture I took of my shoes to draw the shoes. Never was very talented with shoes.
    3. Where the grass ends is an attempt at cobble stone. Need to work on that.

At first I had the man seated with his arm extended feeding pigeons. My wife feeds pigeons all of the time which causes quite a mess on the balcony, so as a matter of protest I pulled the arm in and had him holding a pocket watch.

Brian

Great title for the image. Great detail in the work too. The bench looks great. The man does stand out, but when you do look at the bench you see the work that was put into it.

If I had to critique something, I would wonder about the background. At times I think it looks a little smoky - then again, I think it works.

Nice work.
    •Bob

Nice work BNorton

The only small think that could help that has not been mesioned is the bench. i think that the top part of the bench, the part we lean on should be a browny color to help tell the differece between the man and the bench. This ahould make you detail on the bench work while.

Paul
    Whizz Kid "Or so he says"