Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Installing Fonts

Clicking 'Disc Fonts' in Font Gallery asks for a folder. I had downloaded some ttf's and placed them in a separate folder. Navigating to that folder gives message '... doesn't have a Font index.' Searched help to no avail. Not sure how to view / install fonts from Font Gallery. Just exploring XP Pro so am a bit green. (I know I can drag them all into Windows/ fonts directory)
    regards Richard

Default Re: Installing Fonts

The 'disc fonts' is really there to point at the fonts provided on the Xara Xtreme CD (which has an index to them all). But since the Installer now copies all these to your hard disc by default (doesn't install them however) this button really doesn't serve any useful purpose now (unless you decided to keep the fonts on the CD).

The font gallery should list about 11 different categories of fonts (these are the one copied to your HD) and double clicking on any of those (or dragging to some text) should install the selected font the system for you (it prompts).

Hope that helps.

Default Re: Installing Fonts

yes thanks that does help. I was sorta hoping there was an option to have some fonts outside the standard windows font directory that could be accessed as required for specific purposes. Bit like a symbol library.
    regards Richard