Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What is compression ratio???

In corel 12 i"ve noticed when i open a graphic It states a compression ratio...What is this??? Does that effect exporting??? I Some larger filed graphics with smaller compression ratios than others...
    IP

Default Re: What is compression ratio???

Where is that information displaying, I do not get that on my screen. And I use 12 all the time at work?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

If i try to open a (just select it) cdr if you look to the right it tells you the version it was saved as, the engine, the compression ratio, and a couple other things file size,...etc.
    IP

As a guess, I would say some applications compress the file on save. i.e. The saved file is smaller than the the open file. Xara does that. The saved filed are much smaller. Expression doesn't. The saved files are quite large.

With JPEGs compression is somewhat different because it related to image quality. The more compression, the less quality. The smaller file size is sacrficed for quality.

Rich
    IP

In my experience, compression ratio refers to the amount of compression you used when saving an image, such as a JPEG. If you use little compression (with a JPE) you'll get larger file sizes as opposed to using more compression. If you use too much compression, you'll run into the problem of artifacting (where parts of the image begin to clump together).

SG
    IP