Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navbar in Dreamweaver 8 ...error with java

When I click on the nav bar within Dreamweaver I get this message:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webstyle4 nav bar error.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	33336  

Default Re: Navbar in Dreamweaver 8 ...error with java

I had the exact same problem and wrote tech support. They replied:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi follow step 2 from http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2449

regards
    CS
    ---------------------------------------------

I followed those instructions but it still gave me same error message you're getting. I then deinstalled Webstyle4 completely from my computer, downloaded a clean copy from my Xara online account, installed that program, then put in my Webstyle4 CD to get the templates added to the program. That took care of this particular error message for me.

...Now I'm having other problems with my navbar but I'll post that on another thread.

Default Re: Navbar in Dreamweaver 8 ...error with java

Hi

I am still getting this error. I started with a brand new laptop, running Windows XP Media centre. I installed Dreamweaver 8, then the update 8.0.2. Webstyle installed next with dreamweaver extensions. Now I get the error above.

Tried step 2 as advised, still no good. I had a look to see where else these files where installed to see if I had to put them in a different directory, but they are not installed anywhere else, except for the shared directory, which I had to create as it did not exist.

Would really appreciate help to sort this one out, neither Macromedia nor Xara have answered the support tickets I placed.

Thank you