Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PI10

Hello all,
    I am tidying up my EP and have created a gallery for future home-made presets, (have made a folder on my hd seperate to Uleads for reinstallation purposes).

Unfortunately my previous presets were in different galleries in the EP -very untidy! which would almost certainly be linked to the Ulead data folder and I want to add them to my new folder.

I have moved these previously made preset thumbnails from the various galleries into the new gallery in the EP (now linked to new seperate folder on my hd) but just wondering if they will show up in the one only smp file called My EP Presets.smp though the preset thumbnails are in the new EP gallery.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    IP

Welcome to TG, Shez. You know, I've been using PI for a long time, but I really don't use the EP too much, so I really can't answer. Also, I use v8, not v10, though they're probably the same. Maybe grafixman or gidgit will chime in with a proper reply.

Just wanted to welcome you (and thank you for the nice comments on my Kloster Paulinzella image on PIBB).
    Lonnie
    IP

I wish I could help, but I can't even keep up with the enormous amount of short terms for things....the ep, the hd, the smp, etc. It's all very confusing to me, mostly because I haven't learned the lingo, and I've never discussed anything about the programme other than with the element 5 team.
    I have a lot to learn and will try my best. I might even be able to help someone at some point, and am sorry that I can't help you Shez.
    IP

You can right click and modify most things, and if you get things to what you like you may add them to your gallery, which you may save, export to another folder etc... and they will all be saved as one smp. just give it a name and save/export it to a folder of your choice on your machine, and when you import back this will become it's own gallery, and land right under yours... hth's http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    IP

Thanks for your reply and welcome Lonnie, It's nice to catch up with you again. re: my comments on PIBB, wonderful photo Lonnie, I really like it.

Shirley, thank you so much for your nice reply. I tried to keep my message short and to the point, hence the lingo. I am not an expert myself in the lingo - still learning.
    hdhd hard drive
    ep Easy Pallate in Photoimpact
    smp Sample vision file format ( I think) is the extension given to the gallery containing PI's EP presets.

Hey thanks gidgit for your reply too. Now I understand that the one smp file contains all the presets put in that particular gallery, Thanks again for clearing that one up.

Thank everyone.
    IP

Shez! I've just read your first post again, and I believe that maybe saving my EP in my external hard drive may be the way to avoid the loss of my many objects when the other new computer is delivered on Friday.
    My email address is wonderwoman@northrock.bm. Would you kindly E me and guide me through saving the EP on the external HD. That thing is sitting there, waiting for me to configure it before using it. I would be most grateful for your help.

Thanx,
    WW
    IP