Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A load of ol' feathers

This is a good demonstration of the difficulty i find inherent in the differences between dead things (like houses and motorcycles) and living things, like parrots.
    This could easily turn into a Monty Python sketch. But I agree with you GeoBen, this is often the hardest skill to grasp and often I don't believe it's possible in a vector program. Then I see some of the postings on this forum that take your breath away whilst you sit there thinking "this isn't a vector drawing".
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

yes.....

I was showing my family members some of the stupifying works here before Xmas dinner. That was the refrain...

THAT is not a DRAWING!.

some of these folks amaze me.

geo.
    “Beauty consists in a certain luster and proportion” - Aquinas

I had a play with the parrot.
    A couple of changes.
    Somewhat better.
    Done with it, 'tis not being a nice obliging parrot and if I have to open it again it will be a deceased parrot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parrot.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	33823  
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    I had a play with the parrot.
    A couple of changes.
    Somewhat better.
    Done with it, 'tis not being a nice obliging parrot and if I have to open it again it will be a deceased parrot.
    This from the guy who used more than 4,000 pieces to create an awesome image of an old mill? You are one who strives for perfection...and who continually finds it!
    ---
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    This from the guy who used more than 4,000 pieces to create an awesome image of an old mill? You are one who strives for perfection...and who continually finds it!
    ---
    Will
    Gonna pm you ...

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    Gonna pm you ...
    PM - Power Machete ???

PM means "Private Message". Once signed in you can see in the upper right hand corner if you have received a private message.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    PM means "Private Message". Once signed in you can see in the upper right hand corner if you have received a private message.
    I had hoped the smily indicated it to be a joke. Happy New Year to you, Sally. Everything I've seen of yours has been fantastic. (You too, Intbel.)

David

It's just you can't tell from a smiley if it is joking or what. We get some really basic questions, best to not be rude in return.

Actually I have been working on a parrot of sorts myself, a Lorikeet. And it is most colorful. Feathers, if you want to be realistic, call for different techiniques. You can about draw anything with Xara, it is just a matter of experimentation until you find the technique that works, and if one doesn't exist, make your own.

"Impossible" to do in some programs, but this is Xara, sorry not impossible, just haven't mastered that skill yet.
    Last edited by sallybode; 04 January 2007 at 01:54 AM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    Let me know if you succeed. I have never been able to, as the fractal fill option does not seem to be a true fractal, but rather a repeated portion of the same fractal, over and over. David
    Sally cracked it - see here.