Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stealing Artwork & Photo Stop!

Hi,

Other then not posting, what the best protection against people stealing your stuff. Even if you block out the right - click & save. You still can capture.

Anybody got any tips, links etc to help?

I posted here because, Because it seem to have alot of traffic, so I thought I get a better answer.

Thanks Mike

Default Re: Stealing Artwork & Photo Stop!

Like this maybe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zzzzzz.gif 
Views:	393 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	33772  
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

The best way to do it is save as a Flash movie but even here it is possible to download but it is harder. I had pictures stolen by a large computer and printer company this year and after a talking to another person and doing a search on the internet I decided to let it go and do nothing. I have just published a drawing which is in the gallery at the moment and I got the idea for that drawing from something I saw on the net in the summer. Same idea but different words and we all do it, just think at the moment there are loads of ads and pictures which use rainbows, scrolling flowers and the like. we are all influanced by pictures we see and like. I think unless it is exactly what you have drawn there is no way to protect your work if you publish on the net.
    Design is thinking made visual.

You can NOT protect your work from being stolen. That's a fact.
    It doesn't matter, which format you use or what trick you ever try. If you use dynamic load, Flash-films or whatever. There are a lot of tools in the web for getting it all.

Either you can overlay your artwork with a copyright watermark (see above) . The bad thing about it: you can see it.

An other option is to save your picture with a digital watermark, like the one from Digimarc. For using this you need your own Personal Identification. You need to register with Digimarc. This service is free (or at least it was free). Most professional graphics-software can read (and write) digital watermarks. Just have a look and find out about the options.

Another way (especial for proofing that you are the original owner of the work) is steganographie. I have used this sometimes. It's very simple but good as well. A hidden text-remark (or picture) can be written within the graphic. It is still the original graphic with changings that you usually don't see (if the text/graphic you embed isn't too big) and even changing the graphic don't destroy the stegano. You can't see it but it is still there and can be read with stega-software. There is free-software for doing this.

Hope this helps.
    Have your fun NOW. Maybe tomorrow it's too late...
    Tom

..: Better natural stupidity than artificial intelligence! :..

Make really awful graphics like I do, no one bothers to steal it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc View Post
    Make really awful graphics like I do, no one bothers to steal it.

That works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    The best way to do it is save as a Flash movie but even here it is possible to download but it is harder. I had pictures stolen by a large computer and printer company this year and after a talking to another person and doing a search on the internet I decided to let it go and do nothing. I have just published a drawing which is in the gallery at the moment and I got the idea for that drawing from something I saw on the net in the summer. Same idea but different words and we all do it, just think at the moment there are loads of ads and pictures which use rainbows, scrolling flowers and the like. we are all influanced by pictures we see and like. I think unless it is exactly what you have drawn there is no way to protect your work if you publish on the net.

Well using an idea or just bluntly nicking somebodies work are a bit different,
    I think, But that is my opinion.
    be aware, not to become a ware.