Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Logo design.. plz see it and suggest...

Hi Guys

Now I am not new here

I never asked anyone in this forum to make a professional logo for me which I will use it for my work instead of designing one myself.

I just asked for some samples or examples or some ideas.

ok forget all that

I am attaching my logo here, plz have a look at it and let me know if i shud do some changes and tell me how it is...
    It's for SALEH AL QALLAF Est. (SAQ), Saleh Al Qallaf is the name of a Kuwaiti Guy and the Establishment is on his name, it's an advertising gifts company.

http://i12.tinypic.com/4cbgd94.gif

Thanks in advance
    Jack
    Last edited by jack001; 26 December 2006 at 05:13 AM.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Logo design.. plz see it and suggest...

Hi Jack

I think your SQ logo is an interesting idea. I think it 'works' if the visitor is thinking "SQ" but if they're thinking "SALEH AL QALLAF" they might not make the connection so strongly. What does 'SALEH AL QALLAF' mean?

Regards, Ross
    IP

Agree with Ross, logo is interesting, but again what it is being used for also will determine if it fits in with the theme of the site.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I am attaching my logo here, plz have a look at it and let me know if i shud do some changes and tell me how it is...
    It's for SALEH AL QALLAF Est. (SAQ), Saleh Al Qallaf is the name of a Kuwaiti Guy and the Establishment is on his name, it's an advertising gifts company.

http://i12.tinypic.com/4cbgd94.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    Hi Jack

I think your SQ logo is an interesting idea. I think it 'works' if the visitor is thinking "SQ" but if they're thinking "SALEH AL QALLAF" they might not make the connection so strongly. What does 'SALEH AL QALLAF' mean?

Regards, Ross
    IP

Hello Jack,

Not sure why you need the triangle? If if doesn't add anything to the "message" - why use it? In the way that you are using it: lots of dead space in each corner. The number three, 'trinity' and triangles - have a lot of meanings in different cultures, you might want to have a look at how it applies to Mr. Qallaf as a person, and his business (and where it is - and who it targets)?

The font used is also very skinny and disappears with the mark - it sort of looks like an afterthought.

The 3D look "highlights" will not be very visible if the mark will be used smaller... The highlights on a white background will become almost invisible and distort the mark. You can see this yourself by looking at the mark at a smaller size.

As mentioned by others: there are lots of fun shapes in the letters "SQ" to play around with - why not play with it some more?

Consider my input as "feedback" and things to think about - it's just my opinion (to hopefully help you see things that might have overlooked) - ignore as you see fit.

Risto
    IP

Much too fancy logo´s,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SQogoflag copy(edited).JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	33696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SQlogo copy(edited).JPG 
Views:	236 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	33697  

Last edited by ankhor; 27 December 2006 at 10:51 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP