Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Size Issue

Default Size Issue

How come: I start in XE-pro with a page size of 8 feet wide and 28 inches tall. I use lettering (say one word) to fill this area, I copy and past into X3D, add the 3D effect to it, then copy and past the 3D image from X3D back into XE-pro, it comes in very small. When I Resize this image back to it's original size it is not as brite and shiny as it was in X3d. I want to use this for signs and vehicle graphics but the clarity is not good enough for large format printing. Am I trying to use this software for something it's not intended to do? I love the software, it's great but i'm wondering if it's not geared for what I do.
    Can someone help?

Default Re: Size Issue

GG,
    Sorry for not responding to this post.

It doesn't matter what size you create your lettering (or shape) in Xara Xtreme, it is not reflected in the Xara3D import. So if it's 8 feet wide or 8 inches wide in Xtreme it won't make a jot of difference to Xara3D.

So how big can you make something in Xara3D. Off the top of my head I can't remember, but I'm sure someone will inform us shortly. However a bitmap image 8 feet wide is going to look crap as you've discovered.

Ideally you want to be able to export the 3D graphic from Xara3D as a Vector image and then the scaling wouldn't be an issue. The software is not really intended to do this but it may be possible to create a work-around.

Could you post a Xara3D file of what your trying to achieve? Remember that I might not have the font/s you're using so convert to Editable Shapes before pasting into Xara3D.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

GG, Egg, the largest possible export size is 2000 x 2000 pixels, I'm afraid. Xara3D is really designed for screen output, producing logos for web pages, and at 96pixels per inch on screen, 2000 pixels will be around 21 inches across. On paper at 100pix/inch, about 20", and at higher printing resolutions the image will get correspondingly smaller. An 8 feet wide image will have a resolution of 21 pixels/inch!

Mike

Thanks for the information. I've tried to export the file from X3D but, there is no way to export as a vector object. All the choices are for raster images or a flash object.
    Too bad..... Oh well, we tried. I still like the software though. I love X3D, that's why I was trying to be able to use at my shop for customer graphics.

Graphic guy,

That's the point I'm making. You can export it as a flash swf. If you've got Flash you can import it. Then export it as a .ai file. Then you can import it to Xtreme and use that as the base for your vector image. It's a fair amount of work but I don't know of anyother way of getting a sharp 8 foot printable 3D shape.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host