Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Spell Check in X-Pro

With all the new functions with Pro it would make life a lot easier. There really is no need for word if this program has spell check. Why open another program when Pro can do it all. I can't image that spell checker would bog down the system that much but what do I know I'm not a software designer.

Anyway, the previous post don't really answer my question about a plug-in, is there one?

Danny

Danny have a look at this little app. which you can turn off & on when required:http://tinyspell.m6.net/
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore,
    I have been using TinySpell for a while now mainly with small word and text processors. It works like a charm with X Extreme and I am sure it will work with Pro. It seems to work with anything and once set up you forget it until you make a mistake and it goes "ping". It checks spelling in whatever program you are in. For example I was using Excel this evening and it worked there as usual.
    It is a a great little program.
    Erik

Thanks Albacore and Tallis

Danny

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I don't want XXPro slowed down either.

I do pleanty of things in word before importing them into Xara, like typing in extended characters and spell-checking. That doesn't mean that I want to do them there, just that I have had to.

If (as suggested in the original post) this were added as a plugin, users could choose to load the plugin or not.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Albacore,

Does this progam have an English(UK) spell checker?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host