Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Minimum height size 48 pixels?

Hello Bill!

Yes, in this case it would work. I usually just crop by the page size to avoid that extra step. And by page I can get exact sizes, really quickly

The way I do that is I draw a rectangle across the page, set it to no color and export. Still not exactly straightforward, but it works for me.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    The way I do that is I draw a rectangle across the page, set it to no color and export. Still not exactly straightforward, but it works for me.
    I started this way, but found it was really hard to select the invisible rectangle later. I have since moved on to creating a separate layer called 'PrintBackground', and placing a single white rectangle on that layer with the appropriate dimensions and location. I place that layer at the bottom of the layer pile, and this gives me an easy way to export exactly what I want.

This comes in real handy, as I often have to export graphics in different 'layers', so different post-processing operations can be performed on those layers. Keeping the same graphic size across all layers makes it easy to paste the final picture back together.

" I have since moved on to creating a separate layer called 'PrintBackground', and placing a single white rectangle on that layer with the appropriate dimensions and location. I place that layer at the bottom of the layer pile, and this gives me an easy way to export exactly what I want."

Smart boy, David.

I use a similar strategy. I create a layer on top (saved as part of my template) called Export Rectangle. Before doing my "final rendering/export", I make the layer editable, turn on Wire frame to make sure the rectangle and the relevant objects are properly aligned and selected, turn off wireframe, and then export. It adds a few extra steps, but the routine assures consistency.
    Last edited by jclements; 11 December 2006 at 05:39 PM.