Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kerkythea GI test

Remi's "Under Construction" topic started this project. Modelled the crane in Blender and Wings easily enough, but Blender's Global Illumination rendering is very noisy, even with the sampling turned up. I've been meaning to explore Kerkythea ever since I've downloaded it a couple of months before, however, learning to use it properly was a bit of a challenge. Thanks to the Blender2KT build, it was relatively easy to export my Blender scene into KT, but tweaking the parameters still required a bit of experimentation on my part. But after all is said, Kerkythea is a pretty amazing renderer. The GI was CLEAN! No lamps on this scene, except a single sun lamp. Gotta explore this app some more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KerkytheaGI.png 
Views:	661 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	32390  

Default Re: Kerkythea GI test

Looks like you could be hooked on 3D
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

can I ask you something man?

Why did you do modell like that? Why you donīt learn model better and better in place of model this toy? You donīt innovate your skills.
    Sorry for my opinion but I think I always see this things, whichone move you nowhere. Im very sorry, but if you will model this toy, everybody tell you: yeee this nice, very good, perfect, even if it is not perfect.

I say, show something better.

Best regards
    Miress
    miress
    [you see it]

Gman, does this mean we'll all be finding toy cranes in our stockings for Christmas??? I hope so!
    Excellent job!
    -=Bob=-

Hooked is right, Raymond.
    Miress, modeling is one thing, but rendering is another. Setting things up for the renders you and Jose posts takes more skills than I currently have. You also need a good renderer. Plus a lot of patience on the long render times. These things I post take an average of one or two hours, modeling and rendering. And I never render big if I can avoid it. I get more gratification on quick results, I guess. Perhaps one day I would get really serious and put together something awesome... . But from my past experience, long term projects of mine gets sucked into the black hole known as MY WIP FOLDER..., never to be seen again...
    No need to apologize for your opinion. It is perfectly valid. It's just that I never set perfection as my goal. Fun and learning new things hold more importance to me.

GMan... you be one class act... (big time two thumbs up... )

I like this little crane... It's cute, and it shows fantastic energy, and, is a perfect model to play around with things in other apps... keep up the good work Gman
    Last edited by gidgit; 22 November 2006 at 03:59 PM.

Grafixman

Ok man, I take it. But I thought it not bad, but other way round good. I will ejoy for yours improve.

Best regards

Miress
    miress
    [you see it]

Thats a pretty nice render G-man. Adding a 3D plane for the ground will give you some more shadows.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 22 November 2006 at 11:59 PM.

GMan, your model is well done. Creating 3D models and learning a 3D Application is a time-consuming process - together with long render times sometimes much more time-consuming than drawing in a 2D graphics editor. And in my eyes, the learning curve with 3D is steeper, than 2D. I wished, I would have more time for this.

Regards,
    Remi

G Man - you really need to overcome this need for instant gratification

I also have a WIP folder - I empty it every now and then ...

"Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.